Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cream of Carrot and Swiss Soup

All this rainy, slushy gray weather is making me wish for soup, soup, and more soup.

Today's soup turned out to be one step down from a stew- a carrot and potato soup made with home grown veggies. That is, since I don't have a garden, some of the carrots and potatoes mom was nice enough to bring down when she came to visit last weekend. The potatoes for certain and the carrots, perhaps, were from their garden last fall. I shredded them and added them in to my stew pot with a bit of thyme and other seasonings.

Photobucket

Then when they were nice and tender I added in some milk and a pile of slivered swiss cheese.

Photobucket

Wonderful and filling on a cool spring night. The soup was a modified version of the Cream of Carrot-Cheddar Soup in the More with Less cookbook.

1 comment:

  1. birdie sat next to me and whispered in my ear that those carrots most certainly were not home grown....in case you were still wondering, but they were from Troyers in Berlin.

    Soup looks yummy....me thinks the birdie wants some. the other birdies round here were snitching up my cookies....but I was glad to share, I surely don't need them all, Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, sorry you can't have any I put store bought cayenne in them.

    ReplyDelete