Tuesday, April 26, 2016

V is for...Vichyssoise

Vichyssoise it seems is a rather common french soup, but I had never heard of it until a few weeks ago and since then have decided it would fit well for "v".  Vichyssoise is basically put - a chilled potato and leek soup.  It reminds me of gazpacho in the way is eaten cold, but this particular recipe I used is a rather versatile soup and can be eaten hot, cold, pureed, chunky, etc.  I am not sure if you can call it a vichyssoise if it is not chilled and/or pureed, but as I am not French and have never had it before it is the best I can do.  My pot of soup turned out very tasty and was rather simply put together, as I just sauted some onion and garlic together and then add my leek confit, a peeled and cubed potato, chicken broth, and milk and let simmer for an hour.  Tasty supper for me....however despite the ease, I had been snacking all the while it simmered and was only up for a small bowl.




No comments:

Post a Comment