Friday, April 29, 2016

Y is for.... Yang Chun Noodles



I came across this recipe for Yang Chun Noodles- Easy Soy Sauce Noodles when I was looking for Y foods and had it in the back of my mind for a nice simple meal to try sometime.  Saturday evening after spending several hours down at the garden, getting the soil loosened and a few seeds in the ground, this sounded like just the thing.  It turned out to be fast and the ultimate in comfort food. (Right up there with chicken noodle soup, except faster! Seriously, I had my bowl of hot soup from start to eating in under 10 minutes.)

I used spelt noodles and threw in a dash of dried chives instead of the green onion.  For greens I used a few leaves of kale. The lard I had on hand from trying to get more Vitamin D. (In case there is anyone else with a low vitamin d level who cannot take supplements - Vitamin D in Pastured Pork Lard) The soy sauce I replaced with my "speedy not-soy sauce" soy sauce replacement,  which basically involves stirring in a bit of blackstrap molasses, salt, and a dash of vinegar. There are better, closer to the real thing faux soy sauce recipes out there, of course, but I am lazy and this works well enough for me.  Of course, I haven't had the real thing in more than 10 years now, so.... take that with a grain of salt!

This is definitely going on my "to make often" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment