Monday, April 10, 2017

G is for.....Grocery Store Impulse Buys

When you go grocery shopping on Saturdays, sometimes they have food sampling.  I many times am able to resist going and buying items to make those tasty morsels, but this time I immediately snatched up the three items needed.  It is interesting the look your friends give you when you tell your friends the package of seaweed you have sitting on the counter was an "impulse" buy.  I am not sure if I was so eager to grab it because it was so good - which it was very tasty...or because it was easy and healthy....or rather it was because I had just come from a 4 mile run and it was lunch time and anything would have tasted fabulous about the time - yes, one of the worst times to go grocery shopping.

So what were the three items I needed.  Well you already know one was seaweed, the other two were a cucumber and couscous salad - which I am going to have to figure out how to make.  I am thinking it was couscous, garbanzo beans, lime juice, olive oil, chopped parsley, and maybe some parmesan cheese - but I am not sure.  All you have to do is slice the cucumber and then top each cucumber slice with a square of seaweed and a dollop of the couscous salad and wallah you have a tasty little snack, as well as a good intake of veggies.

We enjoyed ours over a hand of cards...and yes the spring flowers are blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment