Thursday, April 13, 2017

K is for....Kidron Mennonite's Fall Favorites Cookbook


It is a beautiful morning in my little valley and this morning I got to enjoy it on a walk with Vanilla Bean....well sort of.  Last evening, both of us had just finished an evening run when I called her to check who was taking care of our post today (she has been good enough to pick up some slack that I created the last couple days - I had told her I was taking care of I.....).   However, we got sidetracked in our conversation and in the end scheduled a morning walk together via cell phone.  And we actually managed to do it.  I don't know if I would have talked myself into a walk this morning if I was "meeting" up with her.

The site of my morning walk.

It was a bit nippy, but what a joy.  And how can one celebrate a beautiful morning, a brisk walk, and time with one's sister -- a delicious Morning Orange Drink.


This is a cookbook I have no idea how I acquired....well, I think I know how I got it...but a key character in my recollections is confident she never had this cookbook, so I don't know how I got it...perhaps I stole it and I apologize if I did but you may have to pry it from my hands now as I don't really desire to give it up.  A month or so ago, I realized there were several smoothie type recipes in this cookbook and I was eager to try one, but had never gotten around to it and today was the perfect day.  And it was delicious.  I think I am going to have to make this a recurring event.  Blessings, have a good day.
I even enjoyed my Morning Orange Drink on the porch.

2 comments:

  1. Your posts are making me want to dig out my cookbooks (I tend to collect them and not use them) and see what great recipes I can discover. But now I'm off for my evening walk. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete